Monday, May 21, 2007

Robben Plans Chelsea Stay


Chelsea winger Arjen Robben has responded to reports linking him to Bayern Munich by stating his intention to remain at the club.


The Dutchman’s season has been spoiled by injury, while there are also reports that his relationship with manager Jose Mourinho has been strained.

Rumours on Sunday suggested that Bayern could use the money from selling Owen Hargreaves to Manchester United in a bid to sign Robben.

But Robben told The Sun: "I was very happy with the manager's comments that he values me and it proves I just want to do my best for the team.

"You work your socks off to make a contribution and, when he says good things, it's nice to be here.

"I've always said I wanted to stay, so we will see. I will be here next season, that's for sure.

"I know for myself what I can do, but I need to get into my rhythm.

"I've got a big break now - six-and-a-half weeks off - so I'll come back fresh. I want to show again what I did in my first season.

"It feels magnificent to win the FA Cup. Mourinho gave me a big hug at the end. It feels very good."

No comments: